Sunday, October 23, 2005

Hurricane Blog 'Fore...

...as in a'fore it gets here...

NBC-2 is airing the Subway 500 (though sometimes it is in a little box in the corner while they continue their hurricane coverage) so I guess I will give them a break.

Wilma has increased forward speed and is still a strong catagory 2 storm. I am seeing higher cloud tops forming around the center and what looks to be defining wall clouds forming. This could indicate some strengthing may be occurring. The water temps where she is crossing are around 84 degrees with some 86 temps nearer shore. The timeline is for tropical storm force winds to be here around midnight and increasing until landfall. Tropical storm force winds are expected to reach up all the way to the I4 corridor (Orlando and such).

Hurricane force winds are expected within 70 miles of the eye (we are within 40 miles of the expected arrival area).

Obviously, if it is dark I won't be able to get much footage, but as soon as I have light, I will be getting video of whatever is going on around here and get it posted. Hopefully my internet connection will stay up. I have been contacted by a ham in Orlando who is willing to make regular contact with me. If I can't get anything out any other way, I will pass info onto him. He posts at The Claire Files Forum, so updates will also be available there.

TTFN

UPDATE:

FEMA retards (from Washinton, no less) are on the TV right now threatening all kinds of hate and discontent if evacuation rules are not followed. Hey buddy, come to my house with your attitude and you will have an attitude adjustment applied, ...with prejudice...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

discounted children clothing

Sunday, October 23, 2005 2:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FEMA retards (from Washinton, no less) are on the TV right now threatening all kinds of hate and discontent if evacuation rules are not followed. Hey buddy, come to my house with your attitude and you will have an attitude adjustment applied, ...with prejudice...

That's funny. Den goons think we down here in fl are a bunch of sheeple. My neighbor and I just got through "cleaning and oiling" the battle rifles. We ain't going anywhere mr Gov man!

I'll be popping in with comments now and then from here in WPB. So if you go out I'll still be able to say something for a while. The way I see it is that I have about 3 hrs on the notebook after the power goes out, that is as long as the phone stays up.

Remember you got the phone number. The one I gave you is my cell. Last year during Frances that stayed up for quite a while.

Duck and cover!

F42

Sunday, October 23, 2005 3:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PV college goes high-tech to keep student body engaged
With a tech-savvy generation in college these days, Paradise Valley Community College is betting mp3 players and an online blog are the best way to reach students.
Reading and writing are only parts of writer to understand.

Sunday, October 23, 2005 3:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FEMA retards (from Washinton, no less) are on the TV right now threatening all kinds of hate and discontent if evacuation rules are not followed. Hey buddy, come to my house with your attitude and you will have an attitude adjustment applied, ...with prejudice...

Ditto on that, bring it on!!! Goons

F42

Sunday, October 23, 2005 4:27:00 PM  
Blogger David Goodyear said...

F42...

Stay safe... we will be around if ya need help....


Warp speed...

Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Orlando HAM" here just checking in an FYI -- I'm pretty much blank on the net control at the moment but plan to check in at 8:00 or so if I can find a lull (or at least what seems to be a lull, given the aforementioned lack of net control reception). If I don't get you or anyone else then I'll probably make a quick dinner and check back in at 8:30 (all times EST).

Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "Orlando HAM" here just checking in an FYI -- I'm pretty much blank on the net control at the moment but plan to check in at 8:00 or so if I can find a lull (or at least what seems to be a lull, given the aforementioned lack of net control reception). If I don't get you or anyone else then I'll probably make a quick dinner and check back in at 8:30 (all times EST).

Sunday, October 23, 2005 7:54:00 PM  
Blogger David Goodyear said...

Hey there..."Orlando.." Hehehe,


I was trying to check into the maritime nets but I think I was skippping over everyone...

If things get pretty abd I 'll look for ya on 40 meters, say around 7.285 Mhz....

73 buddy...

David

Monday, October 24, 2005 3:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

display your RSS feeds on their web sites for content.

Sunday, November 06, 2005 5:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home