Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Shindig...

"AS the last Alka Seltzer plink-plonk fizzes you back to the real world, it's time to start thinking about New Year . . . and all the resolutions that go with it.

Richard Wilson, aka Victor Meldrew, for example, is vowing to cut down on the booze. Richard, left, said at a recent charity shindig: 'My New Year's resolution is to try to increase the number of dry days I have each week. At the moment, it's three. But next year, I want to increase it to four.'

When he heard the news, the owner of his local off-licence gasped: 'I don't believe it' and put one foot though the plate-glass window."


More here...

"Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood. Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds from the Firefly episode "Shindig"

"
You think following the rules will buy you a nice life, even if the rules make you a slave." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds from the Firefly Episode "Shindig"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home