Monday, May 30, 2005

If you can keep your head while all about you are losing theirs...

- I am officially back on the "scared and paranoid" side of life, and while it is not "good to be home", it is, at least familiar, and there is a certain comfort in that, as at least I know where all the pistols and cookies are stashed around here. But then again, my homecoming is only because I was temporarily in a distant, disturbed place, where even shadows spook me out, and where my nights were spent entirely without sleep, night after night, because my brain no longer waited for me to fall asleep before I started having nightmares about the economy, and I am here to tell you that that is unnerving, to say the least.

My problem seems to be that nothing makes any sense anymore. A story in The Post says essentially the same thing when the author notes "In the past few weeks, the world's financial markets have acted in a confused, counter-intuitive, bipolar fashion." Doug Noland entitled his Credit Bubble Bulletin this week "Conundrums." Mike Hoy writes "I have never seen as many red flags being raised at one time as what I see right now." It's everywhere!

I mean, inflation is up, but bond yields are down, which is the exact opposite of what you would expect. In fact, the yield on the 10-year T-note is barely over 4%! Foreign demand for US debt is down, yet prices for debt go up, the exact opposite of what you would expect. Inflation is up, yet gold is down, again the exact opposite of what you would expect. Demand for oil is up, yet prices are coming down, the exact opposite of what you would expect. The economy is slowing, yet stocks are soaring, the exact opposite of what you would expect. It just goes on, day after day, item after item, which explains why I am cowering in the hall closet, gobbling tranquilizers and whimpering "It doesn't make sense! It doesn't make sense!"


The Mighty Mogambo speaks...


"Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself."
-- Milton Friedman

4 Comments:

Blogger Gunner said...

I will admit a lack of knowledge on the economic issues of freedom. I simply see the walls being build between us and any level of government there is. They do not care what we think, they just want to lie enough to get our votes.

Here is a good article about when politicians get tired of free speech they simply limit it.
http://massnews.com/2005_editions/5_may/52705_framingham_censors.htm

Monday, May 30, 2005 6:03:00 PM  
Blogger David Goodyear said...

From the article...

Before the new rules limiting speech at the selectmen meetings went into effect, Murphy stated "'A certain segment of the population has had the public airwaves for actually far too long."

Oh...boy...these people need run out of town on a rail...

Thanks Gunner.

On the economy, it is a difficult subject to understand if you let these Federal Reserve conmen explain it to you. Mises.org is a good place to start... But you gotta unlearn everything you think you know about it....

Monday, May 30, 2005 7:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following a site now for almost 2 years and I have found it to be both reliable and profitable. They post daily and their stock trades have been beating
the indexes easily.

Take a look at Wallstreetwinnersonline.com

RickJ

Monday, April 17, 2006 5:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in court once and court started at 9 am.
In walked this guy about 9:05 am noticing his case was up he raised his hand to get the court's attention.
The judge started yelling at him and calling him some kind of criminal ,seem the judge thought his leather jacket made him a criminal.
mind you the leather jacket was a dress leather clearly it at one time was a costly purchase.
This judge places the guy on the stand and then tells him you will only answer how I tell you too.
The judge was nuts...
back about 6 months ago someone shot a judge in another court room so this judge clearly needed some mental help.
I talked to the guy later and found out his wife had done him wrong and he was lacking any funds for any legal help.
lawyers

Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home